Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I wanted to take a second and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. One of my Facebook friends made a good point this morning and said that the things we're thankful for today should be the the things we're thankful for all year...I concur.

This is actually a weird/first for me. This year I will not be with my family. My parents and child are on the West Coast--I won't see them until Christmas. The rest of my family is in the midwest and I won't be making the trip up--I have a recording session this weekend and some projects to tackle.

Since it'll just be me--I am not cooking this year. Instead I've decided to volunteer to serve meals and/or deliver food to people. I can't lie this has been a rough year for me--and for lots of other people I'm sure, but considering it can (and has) been worse, I think I owe it to myself to do for someone else. I encourage anyone else to do the same because you never know when you might find yourself in someone else shoes.

In any case...regardless of my situation, here are 10 quick things I am thankful for:

1. My daughter is healthy and happy--and funny and brilliant!
2. I have some great friends who've pulled me through when I needed them
3. I'm writing again (this is a BIG one--because I was on block status for over a year)
4. I've accomplished more than 3 of my "list" goals this year (I shoot for a minimum of 3 a year)
5. I finished my graduate school application last week
6. I'm not where I want to be but I'm getting there--progress is always good!
7. I've managed to stay healthy this year (so far...cross fingers!) despite several people I know coming down with H1N1 etc etc
8. I found out that I have 2 weeks of vacation at Christmas which means more time with the family than I anticipated
9. I happen to like my job and the people I work with...I'm thankful I'm working--been laid off before (twice as a matter of fact)
10. That despite it all--I'm still standing.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Stay safe. Eat well. Be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment