Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The water bottle saga

Item #113- Fill an entire water bottle with change and use the money to complete another goal on the list

Step number one...where to find a giant water bottle?

Answer: Hijack it.

I came across an empty bottle. Not that anyone is going to miss an empty water bottle and besides it's for a good cause.

Now my poor lonely, empty, 5 gallon bottle (damn that's gonna be a lot of change) is drying as we speak.



Ah, water bottle...we've only just begun.

So exactly how much change can you fit in a 5 gallon bottle?

Good question. The answer is, I don't know, hence why the goal is on the list in the first place. I'm imagining that depending on what denomination of change goes in it could potentially be several hundred dollars. I think a low estimate would be, say, if it were all pennies, somewhere in the $500 range. I'm not a math person so I will not even attempt to figure the equation out in my head. I don't even know how long it will take to fill the whole thing. I figure if I stick with it and don't break down in a moment of desperation and cash it in, it'll take roughly a year to fill it completely to the top.

I will post pictures periodically updating the progress of filling the bottle. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment