Thursday, November 1, 2012

30/30

To the list I am adding a HUGE challenge...at least for me.

I want to complete a 30/30.

What is 30/30? Well it occurs in either April or November. April is National Poetry Month and November is National Novel Writing Month. As a poet, the 30/30 is complete 30 poems in 30 days (if you're doing NaNoWriMo--it's 50,000 words in 30 days--about 6 pages per day double spaced)

I write slowly so this really is a challenge and I want to attempt to take it on. So I am going to attempt it beginning today. I figure adding to the Bucket List would make the incentive bigger.

I won't post all, but for my day 1 challenge, I'm going to do a prompt called "playlist"

Playlist: Set your playlist or iPod to random. Take the first 10-15 song titles you hear and use them all in a poem.

If anyone would like to attempt a 30/30, I have a ton of prompts to work from and would be more than happy to post some.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment