Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Forbes List of America's Most Visited Tourist Attractions

I came across this article today. Forbes Traveler has composed a new list of America's Most Visited Tourist Attractions

Here's the top 10:
  1. Times Square, NY
  2. Las Vegas Strip
  3. The National Mall in DC
  4. Faneuil Hall Boston
  5. Disney World (FL)
  6. Disneyland (CA)
  7. Fisherman's Wharf/Golden Gate Park San Francisco
  8. Niagara Falls, NY
  9. Great Smokey Mountains Nat'l Park (TN/NC)
  10. Navy Pier, Chicago

Of those 10, I have yet to visit # 5, 7 or 9

Some other big (I thought) tourist attractions actually fared farther down on the list than I thought. On a top 25-- The Grand Canyon came in at #20 behind Delaware Gap National Park at #14. And number #25 was Waikiki Beach Hawaii. Some places, like Mount Rushmore and the Seattle Space Needle which I thought would be pretty obvious choices didn't make the list.

Hmmm...any thoughts? any opinions on what should or maybe should not have made the list? I mean if you had to play tour guide to someone visiting the states for the first time what would you recommend as a "must see" for a tourist?

No comments:

Post a Comment